Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and forever.
Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines.
Our world is ever changing. Nothing stays the same for very long. We must deal with changes in the economy, the government and the world situation virtually every day. In the midst of change, Christians have something that they can hold on to and rely upon. Christians know that there are some things that are unchanging.
1. Jesus is unchanging in his hatred of sin: "Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity" (Hebrews 1:9).
2. Jesus is unchanging in his love for every sinner. Paul considered himself the "chief" of sinners because he persecuted the church (I Timothy 1:15). Yet, Paul could also say that Jesus "loved me, and gave himself for me" Galatians 2:20).
3. Jesus is unchanging in his desire to save: "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28-30).
4. Jesus is unchanging in his word: "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away" (Matthew 24:35); "the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day" (John 12:48).
5. The church that Jesus built (Matthew 16:18) and purchased with his own blood (Acts 20:28; Ephesians 5:23-27) is unchanging. It is unchanging in its organization (Acts 20:17-28); Philippians 1:1; I timothy 3:1-16; Titus 1:5-11; I Peter 5:1-5), its worship (Acts 2:42; 20:7; I Corinthians 16:1-2; Colossians 3:16; John 4:24; Matthew 15:9), its mission (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16), and its terms of entrance (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; 22:16; Acts 2:41,47).
The word of God (the Bible) will not change. Let us respect it, love it, study it, and obey it. Our souls are too valuable to do otherwise. "For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth forever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you" (I Peter 1:24-25).